Select, invest in, and deploy a Real Time Location System
Is your business ready for an RTLS? This friendly, hands-on guide shows you how to understand and implement this cutting-edge technology, explaining RTLS methodologies in plain English. From the initial deployment to monitoring to determining Return on Investment, you’ll see how to successfully meet your needs, ensure data accuracy, and sustain your system.
- Get your bearings — understand what RTLS does and its various methodologies, determine your needs, and select the right system
Prepare for installation — outline your goals, plan your applications, assess your site, select the right tag technology, and conduct a pilot test
- Implement RTLS in your world — know how to train your staff, set expectations, set up monitoring, and assess whether the RTLS is working as desired
- Deal with design issues — learn the most common pitfalls of RTLS implementation and how to handle them
- Take the technology tour — use RTLS to locate at choke points, room level, presence, by association, and precisely
- Monitor and secure your RTLS — verify and fine-tune your system, establish performance metrics, and manage security issues and vulnerabilities such as network attacks